Today, I would like to share my view concerning how to write a good essay. For me a good essay must have these criterias :-
1) Good command of grammar
2) An acceptable variety of vocabulary
3) Accurate spelling
4) Correct format
5) Correct tone - that is formal and informal
6) Good sentence structure
7) Good flow/link from one paragraph to the other
8) Usage of Idioms - Maximum 5-7 / Minimum at least 1
9) Usage of adjectives,adverbs and strong verbs - for narrative / descriptive type of essays
10) Let your essay be an original essay and not a memorised one - the examiner can detect, so be true.
Now, the list above might look too much for you to fathom, but if you seriously look into it, it will actually do you a lot of good. To write a good essay, you need to have a strong command of the English grammar. To make your essay interesting, you have to know how use adjectives and adverbs interchangeably. To make sure the reader understands what you saying, you need to have a good flow of words and good transition from one paragraph to the other.
Before I forget, I missed one out, you also need to use transitional words in each paragraph and sentences.
*Hold on tight, I will be posting some tips on how to write a good essay for your SPM and PMR English soon...that is of course when I have the time.